Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Friendship - good ones hold across time and geography


Dear Trad Padders, you will note the picture in the post below of Gray. His son is Josh who has just become my Facebook friend and sent me a beautiful newsy letter to bring me up to date with the doings of his own family.  Browsing through an old post I found this poem and I thought how apt - so here it is for Graham and Pauline; for Josh and Helaina and family and for Gemma.


The Best of Friends
© Jill Wolf

When friendships undergo a test
It's often found old friends are best;
The sampler on the parlour wall
Has these few lines which say it all;
The best of friends can change a frown
Into a smile when you feel down.
The best of friends will understand
Your little trials and lend a hand.
The best of friends will always share
Your secret dreams because they care.
The best of friends, worth more than gold,
Give all the love a heart can hold.

Post a Comment

ShareThis