Saturday, June 09, 2007
Friday, June 08, 2007
- Alcohol is more valuable than food because it attracts a larger discount on fuel at the bowser.
- $60 worth of alcohol far outweighs in value at the bowser any amount large or small spent on food.
- The campaign links alcohol to driving in an encouraging way - in more or less the same way that large car parks at suburban hotels encourage a drink and drive mentality.
- Woolworths, whose income is derived - in the main - from families, encourages a significant slice of the family budget to be devoted to alcohol.
- The campaign seeks to encourage a significant amount of spending on alcohol which is the root cause of violence and road deaths in our society and ties the name of Woolworths/Safeway to it.
[Name supplied] [address supplied]
Blogs: Oz Tucker at http://oztucker.blogspot.com/
The Trad Pad at http://tradpad.blogspot.com/
The Eagle's Nest at http://eaglesplace.blogspot.com
Thursday, June 07, 2007
Before going home to Upper Gully, Miss E popped into Tea Leaves because she was nearly out of chai at home. This time she is trying a green tea based chai. Tea Leaves is wonderful - wall to wall teapots and everything tea. Stacked and packed on shelves.
In the window and beautiful settings.
And then into another favourite place, Antiques in Sassafras. A delight to eye and spirit.
And these give a whole new meaning to "getting the blues", don't they?
And then the signs.
But, if Christmas really was in July and Santa could be expected on 25/7, here is what I would be seeking. Paris stamps! Everything from the Eiffel Tower to a post mark!
And there's news!
Antiques in Sassafras will soon be opening a home and giftwares establishment across the road behind Quirky's, the funky clothing place across from the plant nursery. Miss E expects it will be as beautiful and spirit-lifting as AiS.
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Tuesday, June 05, 2007
The path to your door
Is the path within:
Is made by animals,
Is lined by flowers,
Is lined by thorns,
Is stained with wine,
Is lit by the lamp of sorrowful dreams:
Is washed with joy,
Is swept by grief,
Is blessed by the lonely traffic of art:
Is known by heart,
Is known by prayer,
Is lost and found,
Is always strange,
The path to your door.
Monday, June 04, 2007
On Friday night, Miss Eagle was having a wander in the city and found herself in Howey Place. Aaaah!
Howey Place is a laneway of lovely shops off Little Collins Street. The circle on the map above marks the spot.
Dear Reader, if you are living overseas, you should know that Melbourne is the shopping capital of Australia. It is also the artiest city in Australia and the most European. Mmmm...
and French Connection (FCUK) on the right.
Special occasion elegance is in the window at Stellini...
and the latest trends at Jason Grech.
Accessorising is done at Glass Tree ...
... and sheer class comes from Andrea Yasmin.
David Medlow Chocolates are a recent addition...
...with fruity delectables...
...and liqueur choclates.
...mixed and flaunted...
And in the door Miss Eagle went, dear Reader...
...into the luscious foyer...
...with the glowing red portholes and signature Alannah flowers...
...and more flamboyant fashion...
...under red canopies of light.
All in all, a stimulating walk, daydreaming, musing, enjoying.