Revival

A message from Brigid ....

I have been a blogger since 2005. At the height of my blogging busy-ness, I had "a small stable" of blogs on different topics: social and political commentary; desert spirituality; food; waste and ....

A few years ago I called time and ceased blogging altogether - although there was an occasional post. I had called it quits. I am an aged woman these days with a couple of serious illnesses. I am not allowed to drive. I am no longer active in organisations. I think it fair to say that I am housebound. I am active on Facebook, although I am not there as often as once I was. I have decided to embark on a re-entry into the blogging world ... beginning with The Trad Pad and, possibly, a return to my food blog, Oz Tucker. I have always used a lot of photographs on my blogs ... and I miss not being out and about with my camera.

The Trad Pad has been my blog for the lovely things of life. The controversial or political has seldom intruded. Occasionally, the spiritual has found its way in, but I kept spirituality for the blog, Desert. I don't yet know if I will revive that. I will stick pretty much to food and the lovely things of life. If I have some regularity with those two categories, I feel that I will be doing well. I hope that, with this blog new friendships can be formed and old friendships renewed; new lovelies discovered; new reflections can enter into the meaning of modern life. I would love to hear from you - particularly if you have suggestions for new topics to enter into the conversation. So, it is a new year. Let's see what it has in store, what it can bring to us. And I hope that those who share the spirit of The Trad Pad can spread the message of a world of beauty, the creativity of humanity, and the joys of simplicity and tradition. ~~~ February, 2017

Friday, June 08, 2007

Martha, the Glitter Fairy, and Table Talk


For those of you who are fans of the Glitter Fairy - she will be on Martha this afternoon at 4pm on Foxtel in Australia. GF talked about it on a post on Wednesday - yesterday Australian time. Now Miss Eagle knows that Martha comes to Australia 24 hours after the USA - but she only knows this with her head and not her heart. Now she believes. Miss E read about it on the GF and she has now seen the promo this morning on Martha's 10am show on Foxtel. The way it works in Australia is that the latest Martha is shown at 4pm AEST on the How To channel.

Martha's most recent program had as special guest Whoopi Goldberg. Whoopi has published a children's book titled Whoopi's Big Book of Manners. The purpose of the book is to teach children manners - the pleases, the thank yous, the excuse mes, - that are missing from modern life.
At question time from the audience, a guest got up and asked Martha a question about blackberries in restaurants - and she was not talking about fruit. Well, the polite and evenly spoken Martha had a spray about people watching television in restaurants and similar behaviour.
What about - said Martha - conversation, what about the food. Martha said that this was the sort of thing Whoopi was talking about in her book. Martha said one day she might do a program about America to-day. Perhaps she could organise an international program series - UK To-day and Australia To-day as an instance.
As you know, dear Reader, this topic of tabling is rather dear to Miss E's heart. Our lack of understanding of food and the culture surrounding it is working its way outwards, like ripples in a pond, into civil society - with wide ramifications.
Please, dear Reader, do your bit: a lovingly and skilfully prepared meal, a nicely set table, discussion about interesting doings of the day - sans television and computers. Go for it!

No comments:

ShareThis