Revival

A message from Brigid ....

I have been a blogger since 2005. At the height of my blogging busy-ness, I had "a small stable" of blogs on different topics: social and political commentary; desert spirituality; food; waste and ....

A few years ago I called time and ceased blogging altogether - although there was an occasional post. I had called it quits. I am an aged woman these days with a couple of serious illnesses. I am not allowed to drive. I am no longer active in organisations. I think it fair to say that I am housebound. I am active on Facebook, although I am not there as often as once I was. I have decided to embark on a re-entry into the blogging world ... beginning with The Trad Pad and, possibly, a return to my food blog, Oz Tucker. I have always used a lot of photographs on my blogs ... and I miss not being out and about with my camera.

The Trad Pad has been my blog for the lovely things of life. The controversial or political has seldom intruded. Occasionally, the spiritual has found its way in, but I kept spirituality for the blog, Desert. I don't yet know if I will revive that. I will stick pretty much to food and the lovely things of life. If I have some regularity with those two categories, I feel that I will be doing well. I hope that, with this blog new friendships can be formed and old friendships renewed; new lovelies discovered; new reflections can enter into the meaning of modern life. I would love to hear from you - particularly if you have suggestions for new topics to enter into the conversation. So, it is a new year. Let's see what it has in store, what it can bring to us. And I hope that those who share the spirit of The Trad Pad can spread the message of a world of beauty, the creativity of humanity, and the joys of simplicity and tradition. ~~~ February, 2017

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Grange


Last night, herself and I watched - as devoted Aaron Pederson fans would have done - Grange. The stars are Aaron and Wadi Dona and one of Australia's most famous and valuable products, Penfold's Grange. How we enjoyed it!

And then to bed. And herself dreamed! She dreamed she had invited Aaron to Christmas Dinner. Her good friend, Leigh, arrived and sat down beside him. Thinks herself - You're not going to sit there right through lunch. But guess what? She did - putting herself into a simmering steam and great disappointment when she awoke this morning. As for me I once got a great big hug from Aaron. It was about seven years ago - and I still bask in the warm glow of the memory.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And did you enjoy the movie? I know that as a big "Aaron" fan I enjoy anything he's in. We don't see near enough of him. I have heard that he might be in the next Blackjack series. There's a bit in the Sunday Herald Sun but the article's not available online.

Unknown said...

Thank you foryour comments. I don't know anything about Black Jack. Please explain? I think the last thing I saw Aaron in was MDA on the ABC. There certainly is not enough of him. One thing where I saw him in the flesh was a few years ago in Sydney. I went to Charles Perkins' memorial service (with a few thousand others) at the Sydney Town Hall because I was a friend of his sister, Nerida. Aaron was the MC of the proceedings and was excellent in that role. I loved Wildside - and watched late night repeats - and, of course, loved him in the role of Vince. I'd better stop - I've started to sigh!

Anonymous said...

Blackjack is a series of telemovies with Colin Friels. There were 3 of them. The new trilogy is filming now.I read this :
The telemovie, the fourth in the series, has the working title Dead Memory.

The drama also features Colin Friels, Aaron Pedersen, Garry McDonald and David Field,Daniel Macpherson.

I saw Aaron in Water Rats ,Wildside and MDA. He's on now in The Secret life of us as Deb Mailman's love interest. There's only a few eps left. They finally started to show them again.( I haven't seen these yet)
I've never seen him in the flesh *sigh* unless you count Deadheart...lol I also saw Burned Bridge and the Territorians. As I said I'm a big fan.

Unknown said...

Thank you for all the info. Wow!Now I have never watched Secret Life of Us. Didn't consider myself the right demographic. Am so proud of Deb Mailman. I used to be a librarian in Mount Isa and the Mailman kids used to come into the library. So I seem to have missed some of the ones you talk about - Burned Bridge and The Territorians. A bit sad considering I'm an old Territorian.

Anonymous said...

I think Burned Bridge was also called Heartland. It was his first film.It was released overseas as Burned Bridge. I just saw the Territorians. It was a telemovie made in 1996.Believe it or not an online friend in England sent me a copy that she taped off telly there.You should watch Secret Life and tell me what it's like..The first few seasons were on here,although I didn't watch them. If season 4 eventually arrives I will.for obvious reasons.lol..as you've probably surmised by now, I do not live in Australia.

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog. It is really very impressive. I want to leave a comment in your support. Carry on with good continuation. Best of luck for your blogging efforts.

ShareThis