Revival

A message from Brigid ....

I have been a blogger since 2005. At the height of my blogging busy-ness, I had "a small stable" of blogs on different topics: social and political commentary; desert spirituality; food; waste and ....

A few years ago I called time and ceased blogging altogether - although there was an occasional post. I had called it quits. I am an aged woman these days with a couple of serious illnesses. I am not allowed to drive. I am no longer active in organisations. I think it fair to say that I am housebound. I am active on Facebook, although I am not there as often as once I was. I have decided to embark on a re-entry into the blogging world ... beginning with The Trad Pad and, possibly, a return to my food blog, Oz Tucker. I have always used a lot of photographs on my blogs ... and I miss not being out and about with my camera.

The Trad Pad has been my blog for the lovely things of life. The controversial or political has seldom intruded. Occasionally, the spiritual has found its way in, but I kept spirituality for the blog, Desert. I don't yet know if I will revive that. I will stick pretty much to food and the lovely things of life. If I have some regularity with those two categories, I feel that I will be doing well. I hope that, with this blog new friendships can be formed and old friendships renewed; new lovelies discovered; new reflections can enter into the meaning of modern life. I would love to hear from you - particularly if you have suggestions for new topics to enter into the conversation. So, it is a new year. Let's see what it has in store, what it can bring to us. And I hope that those who share the spirit of The Trad Pad can spread the message of a world of beauty, the creativity of humanity, and the joys of simplicity and tradition. ~~~ February, 2017

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Can cockies count?

Can cockatoos count?
Monday there was one.
Tuesday there were two.
To-day, Wednesday, there were three.
How many to-morrow?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Davoh said...

cockies count each grain. They never know where the next is coming from.
Cheers.

Unknown said...

They haven't been back the past couple of days. Which is a relief. No longer the greatest lover of cockies - I think they're the yobbos of The Bush. I have this wonderful painting by Territory artist, Judith Church, which I used to love. Purchased it when I lived there. Not so keen anymore - will have to put it on eBay!

Sharon said...

I always remember the cockie of my youth... It was a neighbours - who used to lock him up 'free range' in the outside laundry/toilet of a night... The cockie took a liking to the wooden toilet seat and nibbled on it every night... Thankfully it was the spare loo - and not used frequently!!!!!!

Unknown said...

This is one of the reasons I think of cockies at the yobbos of the bush. Herself used to live further up on a hill at Upper Gully. The house was made of timber. She had a balcony with trees around and used to try to feed the crimson lorikeets - but had to stop because of the greedy cockies who chased the lorikeets away. One day when I was there and she was asleep, the cockies began to attack the window frames. I reckon if I hadn't chased them with the green broom, heaven knows what would have happened. The windows falling out? So after that it was the green broom and they got to know if someone appeared with the green broom they should take off. But if you note, they do the same thing in the bush chomping tree branches to smithereens. Not to mention how they can annihalate crops. And people feeds these birds? No way, Jose!

ShareThis