Revival

A message from Brigid ....

I have been a blogger since 2005. At the height of my blogging busy-ness, I had "a small stable" of blogs on different topics: social and political commentary; desert spirituality; food; waste and ....

A few years ago I called time and ceased blogging altogether - although there was an occasional post. I had called it quits. I am an aged woman these days with a couple of serious illnesses. I am not allowed to drive. I am no longer active in organisations. I think it fair to say that I am housebound. I am active on Facebook, although I am not there as often as once I was. I have decided to embark on a re-entry into the blogging world ... beginning with The Trad Pad and, possibly, a return to my food blog, Oz Tucker. I have always used a lot of photographs on my blogs ... and I miss not being out and about with my camera.

The Trad Pad has been my blog for the lovely things of life. The controversial or political has seldom intruded. Occasionally, the spiritual has found its way in, but I kept spirituality for the blog, Desert. I don't yet know if I will revive that. I will stick pretty much to food and the lovely things of life. If I have some regularity with those two categories, I feel that I will be doing well. I hope that, with this blog new friendships can be formed and old friendships renewed; new lovelies discovered; new reflections can enter into the meaning of modern life. I would love to hear from you - particularly if you have suggestions for new topics to enter into the conversation. So, it is a new year. Let's see what it has in store, what it can bring to us. And I hope that those who share the spirit of The Trad Pad can spread the message of a world of beauty, the creativity of humanity, and the joys of simplicity and tradition. ~~~ February, 2017

Friday, March 31, 2006

A pressie in the post...

The lovely lady in the white van comes down to the end of our street where The Trad Pad is and she toots her horn. Always excitement, but even more so to-day. I have never done this blog-present-swap before so I was really excited and bounded out the door of the office and away from the computer to greet her as she came in the gate with a box in her hand. My present came from Dolly. Into the dining room to open my parcel. I opened it up and here is what I found:

A lovely crocheted runner lined the box.

Inside were beautifully wrapped chunks of stuff.


And when I unwrapped all the prettiness, here is what I found:

That long skinny tube is a lavender bed wand. This is novel. I am about to find out what a bed wand is. Then there is the vanilla and cranberry scented orb - a lovely globe of a candle. I haven't lit it yet - but in my mind I can smell it. Or is that the scent from the Ultra Brilliant, Ultra Shiny Lip Gloss found in the Juicy Tube. My lips are now a lovely mulberry colour. Talk about appealing to the senses! I can smell it, it feels nice on my lips, I can taste it - am I meant to eat it too? And then there is the french lavender soap - La naturel jardin. And when I am scented with the soap, relaxed with the aroma of the candle, made pretty with the lip gloss, and have scented my pillow with the lavender bed wand, I put on those cuddly cosy bed socks (which will go well with my blue nightie), grab my good book (at the moment it is Theatre by Somerset Maugham which has been made into the film, Julia), and tuck into the chocolates. Now isn't that the sort of pampering we all need and love.

Thank you, dear Dolly.

Your parcel and you are much and well appreciated.

And thank you, dear Ms Robyn, who dreamed all this up and put it into action.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Hasn't this swap been a fun thing to participate in? Enjoy all your treats from dear Dolly...hugs to you!

Miss Robyn said...

oh wow! I am wondering what a bed wand is now. sounds magical to me :) so glad you have all loved this swap, next seasonal care one is in a month or two. enjoy, ms*eagle

Kali said...

Dear Miss Eagle ~ What lovely pampering gifts Dolly has sent you. You deserve them, enjoy!
I would like to thank you dearly for the delightful package that arrived in the mail yesterday, it was full of such delights, and I love them all!!! You hit the jackpot :)
Many, many thanks again xoxo

ShareThis