Revival

A message from Brigid ....

I have been a blogger since 2005. At the height of my blogging busy-ness, I had "a small stable" of blogs on different topics: social and political commentary; desert spirituality; food; waste and ....

A few years ago I called time and ceased blogging altogether - although there was an occasional post. I had called it quits. I am an aged woman these days with a couple of serious illnesses. I am not allowed to drive. I am no longer active in organisations. I think it fair to say that I am housebound. I am active on Facebook, although I am not there as often as once I was. I have decided to embark on a re-entry into the blogging world ... beginning with The Trad Pad and, possibly, a return to my food blog, Oz Tucker. I have always used a lot of photographs on my blogs ... and I miss not being out and about with my camera.

The Trad Pad has been my blog for the lovely things of life. The controversial or political has seldom intruded. Occasionally, the spiritual has found its way in, but I kept spirituality for the blog, Desert. I don't yet know if I will revive that. I will stick pretty much to food and the lovely things of life. If I have some regularity with those two categories, I feel that I will be doing well. I hope that, with this blog new friendships can be formed and old friendships renewed; new lovelies discovered; new reflections can enter into the meaning of modern life. I would love to hear from you - particularly if you have suggestions for new topics to enter into the conversation. So, it is a new year. Let's see what it has in store, what it can bring to us. And I hope that those who share the spirit of The Trad Pad can spread the message of a world of beauty, the creativity of humanity, and the joys of simplicity and tradition. ~~~ February, 2017

Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Sunday in Melbourne: Part 2: Bloggers meet


Call Miss Eagle a female chauvinist if you will, but one has to say - aren't women interesting creatures!
Miss Eagle joined a number of other female bloggers in the city this afternoon. Present (and, dear Reader, you will have to find out which was which for your very self) at the meeting were:
  • an architect
  • a tap dancer
  • a printer
  • a policy analyst
  • a production manager
  • a primary teacher
  • an ex-librarian (there were two others there as well)
  • a public servant
  • a community activist

Individual doings included:

  • preparing for the imminent birth of a child
  • preparing to return to work from maternity leave
  • preparing for a photographic exhibition
  • crafting all manner of clothes and objects
  • devising knitting patterns
  • participation in a book club (there was more than one participant)
  • preparing art work for the Sacred Space at a local hospital
  • designing and printing business cards (more than one)

There were nine of us as can be seen - and that was difficult enough to get to know one another and each other's interests.

Blogs represented (besides Miss Eagle's) were:

11 comments:

Gina E. said...

I don't know any of those blogs myself, Miss E., but isn't that the wonder of blogging - that we can link up with like-minded people. Most of my blogger friends are crafty, cat-loving, and middle-aged - lol!
BTW thanks for signing in my Guest book!

Ann ODyne said...

Clearly a bright bunch in more ways than the one the lovely photo shows ... and that gorgeous child !

peace and love from another crafty catlover

Stomper Girl said...

Great photo! It was very nice to meet you and the other girls, and to find new blogs to read.

Signed,

The Tap-dancer

Unknown said...

You would have loved this crew, methinks Gina. bwca, The beautiful gorgeous child is called Will and he was wonderfully attired in clothes hand-crafted by his clever mother. He seemed to enjoy himself as well. Perhaps, coz he was the only bloke surrounded by all those clever, talented, designing women! stomper girl - Isn't it wonderful how we came together - most having never met before - and could share so much. A wonderful serendipitous experience!

lazy cow said...

It was lovely meeting you too Miss Eagle! The photos turned out wonderfully.

Darla said...

What fun to have a blogger meet up. I haven't had the opportunity to do that although I have met one online friend through another group.

Great looking bunch of ladies.

Darla

Unknown said...

Darla, I don't know what is happening elsewhere - not even in Australia - about bloggers meeting up. Here in Melbourne it appears to be happening. I was at another meet up a few weeks before this one. More men, fewer women. This might have had to do with the fact that the leader of this one was Darren Rowse from problogger.com. Darren is rather famous in Australia for making a living from his blog and media interests that have built up from blogging. He also heads up an emergent church group. He is very helpful to people who ask his advice and that is the purpose of the problogger blog. This one on Sunday was a different demographic. Then Gina and Sharon and Val and I get together (and Meow and I will meet sometime soon). We are a different demographic again - we are a bit older. Then on Friday I am having coffee with two friends who blog(bwca and copperwitch) who are staying out this way. They sound like fun. Then there are other blogs I go to and I hear about who they might be meeting up with. Suse at peasoupoftheday.blogspot com (she couldn't make it on Sunday because of a child's music recital) recently went away with a few others for a crafty weekend. So the circle widens. It is an adventure. Meeting almost complete strangers puts a few questions in one's head. But it has all been lovely and positive and quite worthwhile. I highly commend the practice.

Scribe With Gold said...

Clearly looks like a fun time.

Di said...

Great summary and photos Miss Eagle! It was nice to meet you too.

Ann ODyne said...

Thanks TradPad - our Mini Blog Meet was pretty good.
That fog in The 'Fras has doubled now and driving home in the dark was very creepy and slow.
How slow?
All the other drivers were doing 40kph too - that's how slow.
Thanks again for a fun time.
Bloggers are the best!

Unknown said...

Dear Brownie, glad you made it safely through all those conditions! We did have fun.

Blessings and bliss

ShareThis