Revival

A message from Brigid ....

I have been a blogger since 2005. At the height of my blogging busy-ness, I had "a small stable" of blogs on different topics: social and political commentary; desert spirituality; food; waste and ....

A few years ago I called time and ceased blogging altogether - although there was an occasional post. I had called it quits. I am an aged woman these days with a couple of serious illnesses. I am not allowed to drive. I am no longer active in organisations. I think it fair to say that I am housebound. I am active on Facebook, although I am not there as often as once I was. I have decided to embark on a re-entry into the blogging world ... beginning with The Trad Pad and, possibly, a return to my food blog, Oz Tucker. I have always used a lot of photographs on my blogs ... and I miss not being out and about with my camera.

The Trad Pad has been my blog for the lovely things of life. The controversial or political has seldom intruded. Occasionally, the spiritual has found its way in, but I kept spirituality for the blog, Desert. I don't yet know if I will revive that. I will stick pretty much to food and the lovely things of life. If I have some regularity with those two categories, I feel that I will be doing well. I hope that, with this blog new friendships can be formed and old friendships renewed; new lovelies discovered; new reflections can enter into the meaning of modern life. I would love to hear from you - particularly if you have suggestions for new topics to enter into the conversation. So, it is a new year. Let's see what it has in store, what it can bring to us. And I hope that those who share the spirit of The Trad Pad can spread the message of a world of beauty, the creativity of humanity, and the joys of simplicity and tradition. ~~~ February, 2017

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Show and Tell Friday: Wedgwood

OK, OK, I am awake and I do know it's Saturday morning here in Oz but I figure I can still do my bit for Friday's Show and Tell because for Kelli - who hosts it - it is still Friday in Texas, USA. And as Knox City Queen of the Hard Rubbish, Miss Eagle has to say that Kelli's curbside baker's stand is a find. Would love to find one on a curb in my neighbourhood.

This beautiful Wedgwood fruit bowl has been in my possession for more than three decades.
As a young mum living in Toowoomba, Queensland, I used to haunt auction sales.
One auctioneer held regular sales in his own rooms.
There, behind his counter, and along a wall would be "The Sundries".
The Sundries were magic boxes full of heaven knows what.
They could be filled with useful odds and sods
or you might, as I did in this case, find buried treasure.
Then once having found the treasure you would hold your breath and hope that no-one else discovered or wanted your buried treasure.
On this day, no-one had discovered and/or wanted what I treasured.
I paid $2 for my box.
I think there were other useful things in the box but they have faded away in my memory.
This, for someone who did not have much money to spend, was an affordable wonder.

Herself has been styling corners again and this corner includes the fruit bowl full of ornamental glittered pears.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wedgewood fruit bowl is marvelous. I'm glad you still made it in on Friday our time. blessings on your Saturday!

Myrna said...

the wedgewood fruit bowl was a real find! It is still Friday here in beautiful Middle Tennessee. so glad you made it!

Susan said...

Lovely wedgewood bowl. Thanks for sharing.
Susan

Kelli said...

What a wonderful find! Your fruit bowl is beauitful!!

Kelli

Meow (aka Connie) said...

What a stunning find ... I don't have any wedgewood, but am always admiring it. One day .... sigh !!
Hope your weekend is going well.
Must catch up some time soon.
Take care, Meow

Lallee said...

What a unique bowl. I love the story of how you found it. It's a treasure!

Kali said...

Hi Miss Eagle!
I love treasure, and this bowl sure is stunning. I love the thrill of uncovering such finds.
Have a wonderful weekend. K :-)

Unknown said...

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments and wishes.

Blessings and bliss

Gina E. said...

Now what happened to my post? I posted a comment here last week, as I'm a S & T F girl too...waaa. Anyway, your bowl is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Gina, don't know what could have happened. Checked my emails (you know how the comments come through) and nothing there. I think it is Blogger again. There comments arrangement can be an absolute nightmare. Go to http://dininghall.blogspot.com/2007/07/why-do-you-do-this-to-us.htmlto see someone venting their spleen about Blogger comments.

ShareThis