Revival

A message from Brigid ....

I have been a blogger since 2005. At the height of my blogging busy-ness, I had "a small stable" of blogs on different topics: social and political commentary; desert spirituality; food; waste and ....

A few years ago I called time and ceased blogging altogether - although there was an occasional post. I had called it quits. I am an aged woman these days with a couple of serious illnesses. I am not allowed to drive. I am no longer active in organisations. I think it fair to say that I am housebound. I am active on Facebook, although I am not there as often as once I was. I have decided to embark on a re-entry into the blogging world ... beginning with The Trad Pad and, possibly, a return to my food blog, Oz Tucker. I have always used a lot of photographs on my blogs ... and I miss not being out and about with my camera.

The Trad Pad has been my blog for the lovely things of life. The controversial or political has seldom intruded. Occasionally, the spiritual has found its way in, but I kept spirituality for the blog, Desert. I don't yet know if I will revive that. I will stick pretty much to food and the lovely things of life. If I have some regularity with those two categories, I feel that I will be doing well. I hope that, with this blog new friendships can be formed and old friendships renewed; new lovelies discovered; new reflections can enter into the meaning of modern life. I would love to hear from you - particularly if you have suggestions for new topics to enter into the conversation. So, it is a new year. Let's see what it has in store, what it can bring to us. And I hope that those who share the spirit of The Trad Pad can spread the message of a world of beauty, the creativity of humanity, and the joys of simplicity and tradition. ~~~ February, 2017

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Water, water all around? Is there enough to drink?

You will have noted, dear Reader, that Miss Eagle has listed on the sidebar a few of her favourite nature/environmental blogs. Miss Eagle hopes, dear Reader, that you - like her - who blog beautiful things - and homes which there are no places like - take an interest in natural beauty in the great outdoors and its welfare.

Miss Eagle's great friend Denis (pictured above on the Murrumbidgee River) blogs at The Nature of Robinson where he posts about a recent enquiry about the state of rivers in his neighbourhood in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales.

We live in a time - at least in Australia - where water is precious whether it is for our lovely gardens and parks, industrial use, or growing our food. We - the wider vote-carrying dollar-spending community - have watched corporations and governments do things which are not in the interests of the community as a whole. It is time, in Miss Eagle's view, when we took an interest.

Now, Miss Eagle is able to be informed and in touch through Denis about the goings on in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales but she would like to be as informed and in touch within her own neighbourhod: the Dandenong Ranges, south-eastern Melbourne, south-eastern Victoria.

Water is the very basis of our life. Miss Eagle has a general interest in rivers and watercourse and has always wished she knew more because she has seen so many wrecked rivers. Where does a member of the general public start, dear Reader? Miss Eagle has no science. She is not even a keen amatuer naturalist like Denis and Duncan.

Good advice gladly welcomed.

No comments:

ShareThis