Revival

A message from Brigid ....

I have been a blogger since 2005. At the height of my blogging busy-ness, I had "a small stable" of blogs on different topics: social and political commentary; desert spirituality; food; waste and ....

A few years ago I called time and ceased blogging altogether - although there was an occasional post. I had called it quits. I am an aged woman these days with a couple of serious illnesses. I am not allowed to drive. I am no longer active in organisations. I think it fair to say that I am housebound. I am active on Facebook, although I am not there as often as once I was. I have decided to embark on a re-entry into the blogging world ... beginning with The Trad Pad and, possibly, a return to my food blog, Oz Tucker. I have always used a lot of photographs on my blogs ... and I miss not being out and about with my camera.

The Trad Pad has been my blog for the lovely things of life. The controversial or political has seldom intruded. Occasionally, the spiritual has found its way in, but I kept spirituality for the blog, Desert. I don't yet know if I will revive that. I will stick pretty much to food and the lovely things of life. If I have some regularity with those two categories, I feel that I will be doing well. I hope that, with this blog new friendships can be formed and old friendships renewed; new lovelies discovered; new reflections can enter into the meaning of modern life. I would love to hear from you - particularly if you have suggestions for new topics to enter into the conversation. So, it is a new year. Let's see what it has in store, what it can bring to us. And I hope that those who share the spirit of The Trad Pad can spread the message of a world of beauty, the creativity of humanity, and the joys of simplicity and tradition. ~~~ February, 2017

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Planter with heart

Herself has been at it again!
This lovely porcelain planter was salvaged by Miss Eagle from the hard rubbish. Oh, dear Reader, how wasteful and unimaginative people can be! Herself has planted some ivy along with a re-shaped wire coat-hanger. One day, each of us hopes, it will be a pretty heart-shaped ivy in an elegant planter.

3 comments:

Scribe With Gold said...

What a beautiful idea! :)
Have a great week and I hope you're feeling better.
-patty

BwcaBrownie said...

An excellent Hard Rubbish Treasure!

I am often amazed at what good things can be had for the looking.

Only LAST NIGHT in a Richmond street off Swan St, my daughter whose baby is due in june, was driving home from work and saw a woman put out a Very Good baby cot, with spotless, As New mattress and sheepskin cover, and beautiful embroidered sheets hardly used.
Of course she screeched to a halt and got the lot. he told me the woman was obviously wealthy from the look of her house and car, but was also very nice and offered even more bedding from inside.
God was watching us, that's for sure.
Next week the Brighton area has it's hard rubbish drive, so stay tuned for developments and discoveries - last time we got a huge box of antique christmas ornaments.

I do hope your health improves soon - laugh a lot and look at beautiful things, do not watch or read The News.

Peace and love ...

Unknown said...

Get away with you! How wonderful. My best find was a roll top desk. An unpainted pine one in as new condition. Herself painted it up beautifully and sold it! It would be easy to condemn the woman who put out the stuff as wasteful but I don't think she was. I think she was generous. She realised that only someone who had need of the cot would take it. Her generosity of spirit was rewarded and your sister as well by the timely meeting. A beautiful story! Now Upper Gully is a bit of a step from Brighton but Miss Eagle hasn't had coffee at the North Road Pavilion since the Mother's Day before last. I think it is worth a look! When you say next week, do you mean this coming week starting to-morrow or perhaps people will starting putting out towards the end of this week for the following week? Wait till I tell Herself!

ShareThis