Revival

A message from Brigid ....

I have been a blogger since 2005. At the height of my blogging busy-ness, I had "a small stable" of blogs on different topics: social and political commentary; desert spirituality; food; waste and ....

A few years ago I called time and ceased blogging altogether - although there was an occasional post. I had called it quits. I am an aged woman these days with a couple of serious illnesses. I am not allowed to drive. I am no longer active in organisations. I think it fair to say that I am housebound. I am active on Facebook, although I am not there as often as once I was. I have decided to embark on a re-entry into the blogging world ... beginning with The Trad Pad and, possibly, a return to my food blog, Oz Tucker. I have always used a lot of photographs on my blogs ... and I miss not being out and about with my camera.

The Trad Pad has been my blog for the lovely things of life. The controversial or political has seldom intruded. Occasionally, the spiritual has found its way in, but I kept spirituality for the blog, Desert. I don't yet know if I will revive that. I will stick pretty much to food and the lovely things of life. If I have some regularity with those two categories, I feel that I will be doing well. I hope that, with this blog new friendships can be formed and old friendships renewed; new lovelies discovered; new reflections can enter into the meaning of modern life. I would love to hear from you - particularly if you have suggestions for new topics to enter into the conversation. So, it is a new year. Let's see what it has in store, what it can bring to us. And I hope that those who share the spirit of The Trad Pad can spread the message of a world of beauty, the creativity of humanity, and the joys of simplicity and tradition. ~~~ February, 2017

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Bloggers bash at the Bazaar

Life has been rather full this week. There sometimes seems to be just two parts to life: real life and blogging life. Real life demands and interests have to be kept up for all the best and usual reasons. But one has to keep up with real life demands also to prove to oneself and Herself that one is not an addict, that one can move away from the computer - and give Herself ago to visit Her/Miss Eagle's latest addiction, I Can Has Cheezburger?.

So Miss E hasn't been back to tell you about The Melbourne Weblogger Meetup. Now, Miss E can't go into every jot and tittle of the evening but wants to hone in on just a few highlights to make you, dear Reader, wish you were there. If you do wish you had been there, join up here.

Firstly, we were all gathered at Horse Bazaar because of mine host Darren Rowse, he of ProBlogger fame. Here's Darren's post on the night. So it was great to meet him and exchange a word or two. Then there was John, not a blogger in his own right but webmaster for Craig Harper. That's John in his Craig t-shirt in the foreground of the photograph on Darren's post. Great talking to him - and it turned out that his parents, Tony and Bernadette, live just around the corner from Miss E - and she has promised to drop in and say hello.

Then there was that marvellous fashonista, Gala, in her pink hoodie (but no sign of the striped kini). Gala was accompanied by the team from Fashionising. Enough to rejuvenate Miss E's superannuated spirit! So, dear Reader, if you think Australia's fashion capital is elsewhere, Melbourne's credentials were on show at the Meetup.

Martin told me how his experience and tricks of the trade were being put to use in his new blog. All success to him - because as well as who you know, as we were putting into practice at the Horse Bazaar, one has to have a foundation of what you know.

Now, don't ask me how Miss E didn't get into a conversation with Ed. Must have been that wonderfully erudite conversation with Jon criss-crossing a geography of locales and ideas. Ed, we'll have to talk some more over at Oz Tucker about a food bloggers' gathering, don't you think?

There were a few in the yet-to-start-about-to-start-my-blog category so, needless to say, we wished them well with words of encouragement. And if you want to mind your p's, q's and posts in the blogosphere pop over to Kirrily's blog - she who claims to be the Emily Post for the digital generation.

It was great to meet up with Karen from Miscellaneous Adventures of an Aussie Mum who had been tossing up whether to come - particularly since illness had invaded the household earlier in the week. It is always a joy to put faces to blogs - especially such an enjoyable blog by such a talented writer as Karen.

1 comment:

Miscellaneous-Mum said...

Thanks for those kind words, and I hope to see you at the next meetup!

ShareThis