Revival

A message from Brigid ....

I have been a blogger since 2005. At the height of my blogging busy-ness, I had "a small stable" of blogs on different topics: social and political commentary; desert spirituality; food; waste and ....

A few years ago I called time and ceased blogging altogether - although there was an occasional post. I had called it quits. I am an aged woman these days with a couple of serious illnesses. I am not allowed to drive. I am no longer active in organisations. I think it fair to say that I am housebound. I am active on Facebook, although I am not there as often as once I was. I have decided to embark on a re-entry into the blogging world ... beginning with The Trad Pad and, possibly, a return to my food blog, Oz Tucker. I have always used a lot of photographs on my blogs ... and I miss not being out and about with my camera.

The Trad Pad has been my blog for the lovely things of life. The controversial or political has seldom intruded. Occasionally, the spiritual has found its way in, but I kept spirituality for the blog, Desert. I don't yet know if I will revive that. I will stick pretty much to food and the lovely things of life. If I have some regularity with those two categories, I feel that I will be doing well. I hope that, with this blog new friendships can be formed and old friendships renewed; new lovelies discovered; new reflections can enter into the meaning of modern life. I would love to hear from you - particularly if you have suggestions for new topics to enter into the conversation. So, it is a new year. Let's see what it has in store, what it can bring to us. And I hope that those who share the spirit of The Trad Pad can spread the message of a world of beauty, the creativity of humanity, and the joys of simplicity and tradition. ~~~ February, 2017

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Art outs visitors all of a sudden

Estevão Silva da Conceição at work

OK, please let me in on the secret. Back on April 20, 2007, I posted on the documentary, Gaudi in the Favela. It told of Estevão Silva da Conceição's home in a favela (shanty town) in the centre of Sao Paulo, Brazil. Today, I have wall to wall visitors to The Trad Pad after doing Google searches. So, I assume his work and his name are in the media somewhere - because the visitors are from around the world - including my neck of the woods in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. So, dear Reader, please tell me what has started this? Is Gaudi in the Favela showing or in the news?

Postscript: 8.10pm
Please note the comment from tavella.
The reason for the visits is due to a BBC news item.
I hope everyone gets to see Estevao's work in Gaudi in the Favela.
Beauty can be created anywhere if we have the eye and the spirit for it.
As Estevao shows - these are more important than the materials, which can be quite basic.

2 comments:

tavella said...

The BBC did a a story on him, and you are one of the first English results when you google for "Estevao Silva da Conceicao".

Unknown said...

Thank you, tavella. No wonder the visits are coming from across the world. The BBC can penetrate anywhere. Hope you can get to see the movie, Gaudi in the Favela. It is quite inspiring.

Blessings and bliss

ShareThis