Revival

A message from Brigid ....

I have been a blogger since 2005. At the height of my blogging busy-ness, I had "a small stable" of blogs on different topics: social and political commentary; desert spirituality; food; waste and ....

A few years ago I called time and ceased blogging altogether - although there was an occasional post. I had called it quits. I am an aged woman these days with a couple of serious illnesses. I am not allowed to drive. I am no longer active in organisations. I think it fair to say that I am housebound. I am active on Facebook, although I am not there as often as once I was. I have decided to embark on a re-entry into the blogging world ... beginning with The Trad Pad and, possibly, a return to my food blog, Oz Tucker. I have always used a lot of photographs on my blogs ... and I miss not being out and about with my camera.

The Trad Pad has been my blog for the lovely things of life. The controversial or political has seldom intruded. Occasionally, the spiritual has found its way in, but I kept spirituality for the blog, Desert. I don't yet know if I will revive that. I will stick pretty much to food and the lovely things of life. If I have some regularity with those two categories, I feel that I will be doing well. I hope that, with this blog new friendships can be formed and old friendships renewed; new lovelies discovered; new reflections can enter into the meaning of modern life. I would love to hear from you - particularly if you have suggestions for new topics to enter into the conversation. So, it is a new year. Let's see what it has in store, what it can bring to us. And I hope that those who share the spirit of The Trad Pad can spread the message of a world of beauty, the creativity of humanity, and the joys of simplicity and tradition. ~~~ February, 2017

Friday, October 19, 2007

Extracting magic dust!

To-day is Show and Tell Friday.

This is hosted by the gracious Kelli over at There's No Place Like Home.

If you pop over there, you will see the guidelines for this little weekly fiesta.


Now you can see this item from both sides - above and below.

Do you know what it is?

This is the only one that I have ever seen.

If you have one or have seen one, I would like to know.
It has a polished wood side for gripping.

The business side is corrugated or ridgy.

Down

Down

Down



HERE IS THE ANSWER


IT IS THE MAGIC DUST EXTRACTOR


I have photographed all four sides of the box.


Click on the photographs to enlarge so that you can read the print.


The photo above has the price on it - 29/6 (AUD equivalent $2.95 cents)


Decimal currency came to Australia on 14 February 1966 - 41 years ago.


This may be even older


When my aunt, Molly, died I cleared out her apartment.


This item was in it.


Don't you just love this statement -


UNCONDITIONALLY GUARANTEED TO LAST A LIFETIME



It has outlasted Molly. Will it outlast me?
~~~~~~

POSTSCRIPT

Decided to do a Google search and came back with one entry - over at Ebay Australia.

19 comments:

Pear tree cottage! said...

Miss Eagle no I have never seen one before and does it do what it is said to do for you.

I love the charm of the time and place it comes from.

best to you Lee-ann

Anonymous said...

That is so fun. I have never seen one before. Just so very special that it is a memory of your aunt.

Take care,
Connie

Hootin Anni said...

Wherever did you find this? Did I miss that info on your entry? That is the most unusual and very unique and interesting show n tells ever.

Unknown said...

Dear hootin' anni, I found it among my aunt's things when she died.

Susan said...

Very unusual. No, I have never seen or heard of one of these.
Susan

Amy ~ (Life's Small Treasures) said...

No, I have never seen one either, but how neat! ~Amy

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious. There's nothing magic about my dust except that it appears to quickly after I thought I wiped it away! Thanks for sharing this with us!

LadySnow said...

I would have never guessed what that was :)

Unknown said...

The first thing I thought of when I saw it was our thing that we use to dust records. That is right ... records. I am sure it is about as old as your dust extractor, but it does not have the ridges.

That is amazing. So far, I am older than it is. We'll just have to see how long I last.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen anything like it. I can't quite make out the directions for use. I'm always amused when something says it will last a lifetime and wonder, "Whose lifetime?" But it appears this has lasted very long, indeed.

nannykim said...

well you have stomped me!! The question is --does it work? ;-)

Quinne said...

How interesting, Miss Eagle! No, I've never seen one either. Blessings! Q

Carole Burant said...

I had no idea what that was until you told us! lol After that item came out 41 years ago, they're still trying to come up with something that will do the dusting for you! lol xo

Tom said...

I would love to know if it works for you. Great find.

... said...

wow! that's a pretty interesting item. i have never seen one before. and it sounds like it was just something that australia had. thanks for sharing.

and thanks for visiting my blog today and leaving a comment. hope you'll visit again. have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

#blueIn reply to does it work, I think it does. However, I have other trusty pieces to do a good job and it is usually when I'm getting dressed to go out when I need a clothes brush (or magic dust extractor) so I don't want to waste time - or be disappointed. The once or twice I've used it, it seems to work.

Mommy said...

I have never heard of this. Does it really work? I do like the lifetime waranty. Not many tools come with that now a days. ;-)

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed it. :)

And thank you for visiting my blog.

Rose of Sharon said...

That is so cool! I have never seen anything like it. Thanks for sharing!

:0) Sharon

Lynne said...

That is a really unique gadget you have there. I actually could use one of those.

ShareThis