Revival

A message from Brigid ....

I have been a blogger since 2005. At the height of my blogging busy-ness, I had "a small stable" of blogs on different topics: social and political commentary; desert spirituality; food; waste and ....

A few years ago I called time and ceased blogging altogether - although there was an occasional post. I had called it quits. I am an aged woman these days with a couple of serious illnesses. I am not allowed to drive. I am no longer active in organisations. I think it fair to say that I am housebound. I am active on Facebook, although I am not there as often as once I was. I have decided to embark on a re-entry into the blogging world ... beginning with The Trad Pad and, possibly, a return to my food blog, Oz Tucker. I have always used a lot of photographs on my blogs ... and I miss not being out and about with my camera.

The Trad Pad has been my blog for the lovely things of life. The controversial or political has seldom intruded. Occasionally, the spiritual has found its way in, but I kept spirituality for the blog, Desert. I don't yet know if I will revive that. I will stick pretty much to food and the lovely things of life. If I have some regularity with those two categories, I feel that I will be doing well. I hope that, with this blog new friendships can be formed and old friendships renewed; new lovelies discovered; new reflections can enter into the meaning of modern life. I would love to hear from you - particularly if you have suggestions for new topics to enter into the conversation. So, it is a new year. Let's see what it has in store, what it can bring to us. And I hope that those who share the spirit of The Trad Pad can spread the message of a world of beauty, the creativity of humanity, and the joys of simplicity and tradition. ~~~ February, 2017

Monday, June 12, 2006

Shopblogging on Glenhuntly Road

Here are some of the treasures that were discovered on Glenhuntly Road on Saturday.



The doily Gina found at the Garage Sale.

The recipe for the bikkies will be found at Food from Oz.


When Miss Eagle saw this copy of Desiree by Annemarie Selinko in its passionately purple cover, it brought to mind memories of the young and exquisitely beautiful Jean Simmons starring opposite the young and beautiful Marlon Brando in the movie. And don't the purple passion earrings go well with it.




Miss Eagle bought this decanter to hold the Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

The steamer is a one/two person model. Should be handy.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Miss Eagle is not quite sure what appealed with this object. Was it because Herself loves a green kitchen? What is just its shape, its age, and its function? Partly, but what Miss Eagle thinks that she loves above all is its feminist colours which are Green for Hope; Purple for Justice; and White for the Purity of the Cause.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The green edged tin was too pretty to leave behind. The Benson & Hedges tin reminded Miss Eagle of her days as an eaglet when Benson & Hedges were only seen in Australia in tins like these under the Christmas Tree. The sweet little dish is a Meakin. Who could leave it behind.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Useful tins

And below is the treasure par excellence of Miss Eagle's day


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is one of a set of four framed nursery rhyme friezes. Miss Eagle had difficulty getting its width in the frame of the camera. Really beautiful and oldy worldy.

These are my treasures.

You will have to go to Gina's here and here to see hers.

To be continued....

3 comments:

Gina E. said...

Love those photos!! I didn't realise you had found so many goodies! Would you like me to look in my opshop guide book and see where we can go next time, or do you want to return to Elsternwick?

Miss Robyn said...

gee, you guys sure had a fun time. I will be in Melbourne in a few weeks....hmm maybe I will get to some op shops. we will see

Unknown said...

Don't know about the op shops, Ms Robyn but what about coming to see me! Please let us know dates. Could it possibly be around July 15? Coz before the week's out I'll be suggesting something on the blog.

ShareThis